Terms and Conditions
By taking part in this Salted Egg Shiok Promotion which consists of the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw and Thematic Voting Campaign (collectively “Promotion”), participants shall be deemed to have read, accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), as may be amended by Unilever Singapore Pte Ltd (the “Organiser”) from time to time.
This Promotion is open to all Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, as well as Singapore residents who hold a valid Long Term Visit Pass 18 years and above at time of participation, except employees of the Organiser, the Organiser’s agencies, related parties and their immediate families.
- The Promotion commences on 3 July 2017 and ends on 31 December 2017 (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive.
- To join this Promotion, all participants must have their own Instagram account and must set their privacy setting to ‘Public’.
This Promotion comprises two (2) activities. Participants may either choose to participate in (a) the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw only or (b) both the Shiok-O-Meter Lucky Draw and the Thematic Voting Campaign. Participants may submit their entries as follows:
1) Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw
To participate in the Shiok-O-Meter Lucky Draw, the participant is required to post a photo on their Instagram account of any salted egg dish from any participating Food and Beverage outlet, with the hashtag #saltedeggshiok.
2) Thematic Voting Campaign
In addition, the participant may also vote for a specific theme using a theme-specific hashtag #campaignthemevote. The participant is required to include an original caption along with the photo posted on Instagram for the Shiok-O-Meter Lucky Draw. There will be a new theme every three (3) months within the Promotion Period (subject to change), each theme constituting a round (“Round”), and each theme will be related to salted egg dishes. Participants can find out about the current active theme and the commencement/closing dates for each Round from the Salted Egg Shiok Microsite at www.saltedeggshiok.com.
(each an “Entry”, and collectively, the “Entries”).
HOW TO ENTER
- Each Entry must be uploaded to Instagram using the participant’s own Instagram account, accompanied by the #saltedeggshiok hashtag (Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw) and theme-specific hashtag #campaignthemevote (Thematic Voting Campaign) as explained in the Mechanics section.
- All Entries must be submitted within the Promotion Period (or in the case of the Thematic Voting Campaign, by the closing date of each Round), in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entries posted after the Promotion Period (or Round, as the case may be) will not be valid.
- For both the Thematic Voting Campaign and Shiok-O-Meter Lucky Draw, multiple Entries from the same participant will be accepted, provided each Entry is unique (i.e. different photo and caption). However, in each Round of the Thematic Voting Campaign, only one of the Entries may be picked as the winning Entry. Entries with negative content/captions will be disqualified.
- By submitting an Entry, the participant agrees:
a. That the Entry (including caption and photo) is an original work which has not been previously published;
b. That she/he owns all rights to the photo as well as the caption;
c. That the Entry is not infringing or in violation of any intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of any third party;
d. That the Entry is not pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libellous, anti-social, and seditious or in any way contrary to public policy in any way or in violation of any applicable laws of Singapore; and
e. To indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser from any third party claims to the contrary.
Winner Selection & Prizes
- Thematic Voting Campaign
a. After the closing date of each Round, twenty (20) valid Entries will be chosen by the Organiser as winners according to the creativity of the post and caption. The prizes available for each Round are as follows:
Round 1: 20 x S$50 GRAB vouchers
Round 2: 20 x S$50 CHOICE vouchers
- Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw
All participants, including winners of each round of the Thematic Voting Campaign, who have submitted their Entries with the #saltedeggshiok hashtag will qualify for the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw. The Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw will be conducted in early January 2018 at Unilever Singapore Pte Ltd, 20 Pasir Panjang Road, #06-22, Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117439.
The final value and number of winners of the prizes for the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw will depend on the total number of valid #saltedeggshiok hashtags that the Organiser receives during the Promotion Period. As the number of valid #saltedeggshiok hashtags received increases, the prize value will increase accordingly and vice versa.
1st Tier: 50 hashtags received
- Grand Prize: MBS Orchid Suite Staycation
- 5 winners of $50 GRAB vouchers each
2nd tier: 500 hashtags received
- Grand Prize: 3D2N BKK Trip for 2 Pax
- 30 winners of $50 GRAB vouchers each
3rd tier: 2,000 hashtags received
- Grand Prize: 4D3N Hong Kong Trip for 2 Pax
- 60 winners of $50 GRAB vouchers each
4th tier: 5,000 hashtags received
- Grand Prize: 5D4N Japan Trip for 2 Pax
- 100 winners of $50 GRAB vouchers each
For example, if the campaign only garners a total of 3,500 hashtags, the total prize available to the winners would only be the 3rd tier, i.e. a 4D3N HK trip for 2 pax and 60 x S$50 GRAB Vouchers.
3. Winners will be contacted by @saltedeggshiok via Instagram Direct
4. Winners must provide their contact details and NRIC/FIN to an official email address which will be separately sent to them. Winners will then be informed of prize collection details.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to award the prize to another participant should the winner fail to provide the required details within five (5) days of the first communication from the Organiser.
6. The decision regarding the winning entries is final and binding in all respects on all competition entrants, and no further discussion will be entertained on the decision of the winner.
7. Winners’ full name will be published on the official Salted Egg Shiok Microsite at www.saltedeggshiok.com.
8. All prizes must be collected by winners, or persons authorised by the winners, within 60 days from the date of the announcement at www.saltedeggshiok.com.
9. Winners must present original NRIC/FIN upon collection of prizes for verification purposes.
10. The authorised person may present photocopies of winners’ NRIC/FIN and it must be accompanied by an authorisation letter undersigned by the winner upon collection of prizes for verification purposes.
11. Prizes are strictly non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or kind or for any reason whatsoever.
12. The Organiser reserves the right to replace the prizes with items of similar value, amend the Terms and Conditions or cancel the Promotion without prior notice.
All prizes offered in this Promotion are based on packages and prices offered by merchants at the time of promotion and may be subject to changes. The Organiser reserves all rights to substitute any prize or reward with an item of a similar value.
13. The prizes are subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. Tour prizes include:
i. Lowest return fare air ticket based on selected airlines and type of booking class used. Validity date as stipulated and is subjected to airline rulings. Baggage allowance each way per person each way
ii. Airport Taxes, Passenger Security Tax and Fuel Taxes are included. However, Fuel Taxes are subject to change and based on the date of issuance.
b. Tour Package excludes:
i. Visa fee and visa application if any
ii. Excess baggage charge over and above the allowable limit
iii. Weekend Surcharge (Outbound – Fri/Sat, Inbound – Sun/Mon)
c. Confirmation of Booking & Payment Procedure
i. Any amount exceeding the agreed amount as stated will be borne by the prize winner
d. Cancellation/ Amendment charges
Passengers have the right at any time to cancel/amend their booking but if they do so, notice must be made in writing and the following charges will apply:
a) Cancellation/ Amendment before ticket issuance and hotel confirmation – No Charge
b) Cancellation after ticket issuance and hotel confirmation – 100% of the hotel fee will be charged
i. Amendment after ticket issuance is subject to airline terms and conditions
ii. Amendment after hotel confirmation is subject to hotel terms and conditions
- All vouchers are subjected to merchants’ terms and conditions.
- The participant agrees that by submitting his or her personal data to the Organiser for the purposes of this Promotion, the participant’s personal data may be processed by the Organiser and shared with the Organiser’s affiliates and agencies, and otherwise used for the purposes of and within the context of administering this Promotion (including but not limited to, publishing personal data for the purposes of claiming prizes), and for any other purposes that the participant has consented. The participant has the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by the Organiser, its affiliates or agencies, by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to the Organiser, and not to Instagram.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Participants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts to settle any such dispute or issues