Terms and Conditions
By taking part in this Salted Egg Shiok Promotion which consists of the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw and Best Photo Contest (collectively “Promotion”), participants shall be deemed to have read, accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), as may be amended by Unilever Singapore Pte Ltd (the “Organiser”) from time to time.
This Promotion is open to all Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, as well as Singapore residents who hold a valid Long-Term Visit Pass, 18 years and above at time of participation, except employees of the Organiser, the Organiser’s agencies, related parties and their immediate families.
The Promotion commences on 1 March 2018 and ends on 31 December 2018 (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive.
To join this Promotion, all participants must have their own Instagram account and must set their privacy setting to ‘Public’.
This Promotion comprises two (2) activities: upon submitting their Entries, participants will be participating in (a) the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw and (b) Best Photo Contest.
1) Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw
To participate in the Shiok-O-Meter Lucky Draw, the participant is required to post a photo on their Instagram account of any salted egg dish from any participating Food and Beverage outlet, with the hashtag #saltedeggshiok (each an “Entry”, and collectively, the “Entries”).
2) Best Photo Contest
In addition, the participant’s Entry will automatically also be included for the Best Photo Contest, where the winner will be picked by the Organiser, appointed agencies or partners.
HOW TO ENTER
Each Entry must be uploaded to Instagram using the participant’s own Instagram account, accompanied by the #saltedeggshiok hashtag (Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw) as explained in the Mechanics section.
All Entries must be submitted within the Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted in a particular month will be eligible for that month’s Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw and Best Photo Contest as well as the months that follow. Winners for the Best Photo Contest will only be eligible for the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw for the following months. Entries posted after the Promotion Period will not be valid.
Multiple Entries from the same participant will be accepted, provided each Entry is unique (i.e. different photo and caption). Entries with negative content/captions will be disqualified.
By submitting an Entry, the participant agrees:
- That the Entry (including caption and photo) is an original work which has not been previously published;
- That she/he owns all rights to the photo as well as the caption;
- That the Entry is not infringing or in violation of any intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of any third party;
- That the Entry is not pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libellous, anti-social, and seditious or in any way contrary to public policy in any way or in violation of any applicable laws of Singapore; and
- To indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser from any third-party claims to the contrary.
Winner Selection & Prizes
- Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw
All participants who have submitted their Entries with the #saltedeggshiok hashtag will qualify for the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw. The Shiok-o-Meter Lucky Draw will be conducted within the first half of every month, starting April 2018 at Unilever Singapore Pte Ltd, 20 Pasir Panjang Road, #06-22, Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117439.
Four (4) winners will be picked for the Shiok-o-Meter Lucky draw and each winner will win a gift voucher worth S$50 from a merchant to be determined by the Organiser on a monthly basis.
- Best Photo Contest
a.Each month starting from April 2018, one (1) valid Entry will be chosen by the Organiser as winner. The prize with be a 2D1N staycation at a 5 Star Hotel / Resort in Singapore which location will be determined by the Organiser on a monthly basis.
- Winners will be contacted by @saltedeggshiok via Instagram direct
- Winners must provide their contact details and NRIC/FIN to an official email address which will be separately sent to them. Winners will then be informed of prize collection details.
- The Organizer reserves the right to award the prize to another participant should the winner fail to provide the required details within five (5) days of the first communication from the Organiser.
- The decision regarding the winning entries is final and binding in all respects on all competition entrants, and no further discussion will be entertained on the decision of the winner.
- Winners’ full name and the winning Entry of the monthly Best Photo Contest will be published on the official Salted Egg Shiok Microsite at www.saltedeggshiok.com. By participating in this Promotion, winners of this Promotion hereby grant a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide and perpetual licence to the Organisers to use, reproduce, adapt and publish the winning Entries on the official Salted Egg Shiok Microsite at www.saltedeggshiok.com as well as other marketing materials and communications of the Organiser.
- All prizes must be collected by winners, or persons authorised by the winners, within 60 days from the date of the announcement at www.saltedeggshiok.com.
- Winners must present original NRIC/FIN upon collection of prizes for verification purposes.
- The authorised person may present photocopies of winners’ NRIC/FIN and it must be accompanied by an authorisation letter undersigned by the winner upon collection of prizes for verification purposes.
- Prizes are strictly non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or kind or for any reason whatsoever.
- The Organiser reserves the right to replace the prizes with items of similar value, amend the Terms and Conditions or cancel the Promotion without prior notice.
- All prizes offered in this Promotion are based on packages and prices offered by merchants at the time of promotion and may be subject to changes. The Organiser reserves all rights to substitute any prize or reward with an item of a similar value. All vouchers and staycation packages are subjected to merchants’ terms and conditions and blackout dates.
The participant agrees that by submitting his or her personal data to the Organiser for the purposes of this Promotion, the participant’s personal data may be processed by the Organiser and shared with the Organiser’s affiliates and agencies, and otherwise used for the purposes of and within the context of administering this Promotion (including but not limited to, publishing personal data for the purposes of claiming prizes), and for any other purposes that the participant has consented. The participant has the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by the Organiser, its affiliates or agencies, by sending a request to [email protected]
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to the Organiser, and not to Instagram.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Participants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts to settle any such dispute or issues.